Applying to The Priory
The Priory is committed to providing a rewarding educational experience for your child beginning with the admissions process. We look at the "whole child", not just the "academic" child, and attempt to avail ourselves with as much information as possible in order to get to know him/her better.
STEPS TO APPLY
1. Visit The Priory
The best way to learn about The Priory is to come see us in action. The Priory holds an Open House in October each year. Please join us for our student-led Open House tours.
If you are unable to attend an Open House, please contact our Admissions Office at 514-935-5966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a personal guided tour.
2. Submit an Application
- Submit a completed Application to the Admissions Office by completing an Application for Admission form.
- Include a certified copy of your child's birth certificate or bring the original with you when you come for your personal interview.
- Submit your child's most recent report card, or school transcript, if applying for grades 1-6 and any form of evaluation you have received from a daycare or nursery school if you are applying for Kindergarten. If this is not available at the time of application, please make arrangements to have it forwarded to The Priory.
- Submit a recent photo of your child (passport size).
- Include a non-refundable application fee of $50. Please make cheques payable to The Priory School.
- Have your child's present teacher or daycare worker fill out the appropriate Confidential School Report and have it sent to The Priory School. Download the appropriate Confidential School Report form and give it to child's teacher. This form should be mailed directly back to The Priory School.
3. Submit a Confidential School Report Form
Please use the appropriate forms below for completing your application to The Priory School.
- Confidential School Report Kindergarten
- Confidential School Report Grade 1
- Confidential School Report Grade 2
- Confidential School Report Grade 3 to Grade 11
- Bulletin Scolaire Confidentiel Commun
4. Arrange For an Interview
Once the completed application form and all the required documents have been received, the school will arrange a mutually convenient time for an interview with you and your child.
5. Please mail the completed application package to:
The Priory School
3120 The Boulevard
Applications are accepted year round.
Personal interviews with prospective Kindergarten students and their parents begin in November with initial acceptances going out on December 1st. Parents who would like their child to be included in the first round of acceptances on December 1st should submit their applications no later than October 31st . All other grades are interviewed from January to June and acceptances are given when there is space available.
The Priory School does not receive government subsidies; therefore, students are not required to submit a Certificate of Eligibility. Each application is thoroughly reviewed and each applicant is given the greatest consideration. Following this, successful applicants are advised of acceptance in writing. If a place is not available, the applicant will be placed on a waiting list and notified when a place becomes available.
For additional information please contact Tim Peters at 514 935-5966 or email email@example.com